My choices is a strong “beast” the Husqvarna 460 Rancher Gas Powered Chainsaw’s 60.3 cc engine and a 20-inch bar. This is a powerful Husqvarna X-Torq engine. Those who buy this aggregate claim that X-Torq engine gives increased torque throughout the rev range.
Even though this Husqvarna model is powered by a strong engine which has a 20-inch bar, it does not weigh much. It is about 13 pounds.
This chainsaw provides the owner with quality and professionalism. In addition to the anti-vibration technology, the designer gives a great deal of attention to the balance and ergonomics. As a result, this saw – with its larger engine – handles as easily as smaller saws.
It is really easy to put the chain on. Lubrication is automatic and taken care of by a built-in system. There is also an air injection systems that blow most of the fine debris away from the filter, prolonging serviceable life.
Husqvarna is responsible for inventing the inertial chain braking system. Most of the other safety components – trigger lockout, stop button, and chain brake lever — are no different from the other machines, but the top handle and shield/lever are canted at seven degrees, which is purported to offer a better grip and reduce user fatigue.
One of the disadvantages of the model is its price. Due to its vast amount of different functions, though, the saw is worth every penny and you will not regret the purchase. The Husqvarna name speaks for itself. The company is one of the leaders who make tools for both professionals and amateurs.
The Husqvarna 460 is a part of the “Rancher” series which includes three different engine sizes. The models are:
• Husqvarna 450 | 50.2cc — 18″ bar & chain
• Husqvarna 455 | 55.5cc — 20″ bar & chain
• Husqvarna 460 | 60.3cc — 24″ bar & chain
• X-Torq engine: Delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels in accordance with the world´s most stringent environmental regulations.
• Excellent anti-vibration system minimizes operator fatigue.
• Air injection centrifugal air cleaning system that removes larger debris particles before reaching the air filter reducing air filter cleanings and improves the engine life.
• Side-mounted chain tensioner: easier access to chain tensioning device .
• Adjustable oiler pump: allows you to control oil flow depending on application and weather conditions.
• Smart Start: The engine and starter have been designed so the machine starts quickly with minimum effort.
• Air Purge: Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting.
• Inertia activated chain brake: Reduces the likelihood of injury due to kickback.
• Combined choke/stop control: Allows for easier starting and reduces the risk of engine flooding.
• Cylinder decompression valve: ensures less effort for easier starting
• Snap-lock cylinder cover: easy access to the air filter and spark plug for routine maintenance
• Air Injection: Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger dust and debris particles before reaching the air filter. This results in reduced air filter cleanings and improved engine life.
• Side-mounted chain tensioner: Forged three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications.
• Front handle ergonomics: Better grip and a 7° offset handle reduces fatigue.
• Adjustable oil pump: Allows you to control oil flow depending on application and weather conditions.
• Felling marks: Distinct marks for better felling precision.
• 2-year warranty: Purchase this Husqvarna handheld item along with three 32 ounce cans of Husqvarna pre-mix fuel and your warranty will be extended from 2 years to 4 years.
• Cylinder displacement : 60.3 cc
• Power output : 3.62 hp
• Maximum power speed : 9000 rpm
• Fuel tank volume : 14.88 fl oz
• Fuel consumption : 437 g/kWh
• Idling speed : 2700 rpm
• Electrode gap : 0.02 “
• Torque, max. : 3.4 Nm/7000 rpm
• Oil tank volume : 0.7 US pint
• Oil pump type : Automatic
• Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front / rear handle : 3.5/4.5 m/s²
• Sound pressure level at operators ear : 104 dB(A)
• Sound power level, guaranteed (LWA) : 114 dB(A)
• Chain pitch : 3/8″
• Chain speed at 133% of maximum engine power speed : 87.27 fts
• Recommended bar length : 13″-24″ (min-max)
• Weight (excl. cutting equipment) : 12.79 lbs
Husqvarna 460 Rancher 20-Inch Husqvarna 460 Rancher 20-Inch 60.3cc 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw (CARB Compliant) $471.96
Don’t forget about safety:
Husqvarna ProForest Chain Saw Helmet System
• One Size Fits Most
• Includes UV-protected hard hat, adjustable 6-point suspension, 25 dB (A) NRR hearing protectors, face screen and a rain neck protector
• Meets ANSI Z89.1-2003 Class G-E-C standards
• New Hi-Viz Orange color for improved safety
Husqvarna ProForest Chain Saw Helmet System Husqvarna ProForest Chain Saw Helmet System $57.08